When it comes to making business management decisions that count, staying with the times and implementing innovative tech solutions should be your number one move. Mixing up additives like certain software platforms can help you automate your business, streamline your work processes and ease up the load that lies on the shoulders of your workforce.
In this article, I aim to spill the beans about what changes SaaS tools can bring to the functioning of your work and your organization as a whole.
SaaS management tools have become an integral part of how people are running their business operations.
Essentially, a SaaS management tool is — SaaS stands for Software as a Service is a software distribution model in which the software provider hosts applications on the cloud and makes them available to end-users over the internet. SaaS applications are accessible using a web browser.
These tools are most commonly provided on the basis of a subscription model and are paid for through periodic (monthly or yearly) payments.
Sometimes, these software subscriptions are referred to as “on-demand software” or “web-based software.”
These software solutions facilitate easy and quick access to multiple users at the same time and hence act as a versatile solution to collaborative problems.
Now that we have some idea about what SaaS tools are and how these work, let’s move on to discuss the key features that make these management tools worth signing up for. Of course, the specific features of SaaS management solutions will differ depending on the purpose of the system, these features will always be a constant:
- Multi-tenancy model, whereby a single software database serves numerous customers across the world. The nature of SaaS management software is such that an individual software solution can be easily used by multiple entities pertaining to a single tenant (in this case, a team, or an organization).
- Subscription-based billing, which means that customers pay to use the service over a defined period of time. The SaaS provider can determine the billing period for the service; some tools might be charging its customers on a monthly/annual basis, while others could split the payment model into different seasons.
- Elastic infrastructure for periods of high demand. Because of the nature of SaaS solutions, it’s quite possible that customers could go a long period of time without requiring the software. Then, a period of heavy demand could be seen which might place high pressure on the system, especially across multiple customers. To enable this, SaaS solutions need to have an elastic infrastructure to ensure that the system can handle even high-demand periods.
- Regular updates are often a feature of SaaS business management software solutions, owing to the fact that the requirements of the users keep changing. Thus SaaS owners keep making tweaks to their formulas to provide more value to the customer. Making these changes live is very seamless when you are working with a SaaS management software platform. Also, this ensures that the tool that you trust with your work is one that is regularly updated and is one that will help you keep up with the times.
Always be in the loop with your team using ProofHub’s timely notifications and reminders. Try now for FREE.(Video) SaaS Management
It’s clear from the features above that SaaS tools have a lot to offer to the users. Now let’s discuss in detail how these software solutions are right for your needs. Here are all the notable benefits that I gathered:
One of the most prominent benefits of SaaS management software systems is their affordability. Indeed, when you invest in SaaS management systems, you’ll benefit from the fact that the costs of developing the software can be split across multiple businesses. SaaS systems are commonly used by multiple businesses at one time, and this spreads the cost, keeping these solutions highly affordable for your firm!
2. Proven Strategic Advantages
SaaS tools provide the users with cloud access which eliminates the need for localized software programs thus reducing management hurdles. SaaS tools are equipped with advanced functionalities that cater to specific business needs accurately. For instance, with the help of an SEO management software platform, you can be confident the tool you are opting for will help boost your website’s rankings effectively.
3. Cloud-Based Online Access
Another benefit of SaaS management software is that these solutions are usually cloud-based, which means you’ll benefit from online access. As such, your business’s management team will be able to access the SaaS management software even while on the go.
What’s more, because these solutions are cloud-based, you won’t need to worry about investing in additional server capacity and the like to run in-house solutions; instead, you’ll be able to operate your business with more affordable and generic business infrastructure, which can save money for your firm!
4. Real-Time Reporting
Following on from SaaS being cloud-based, another benefit to consider is that these solutions offer real-time reporting for your firm. Real-time reporting means that you can be updated regularly about updates to your business team, which can help you optimize your brand’s management protocols and policies.
Be it reporting, work allocation, or time management, ProofHub takes care of all your team’s needs. Sign up and try for yourself.
5. Regular Updates
As a final benefit, most SaaS brands will update their solutions regularly in line with new technologies or recommendations from customers. What’s more, when it comes to SEO management software specifically, search engine algorithms are regularly changing. As such, it’s vital that your chosen tools are also capable of updating in line with this.
As such, when you choose a SaaS management software plan, you can be sure that you’ll be getting the best solution on the market.
There are numerous SaaS management software platforms you may want to consider. Some of these include:
ProofHub is a project management and team collaboration tool that helps teams come together to work in harmony. As a SaaS platform, it presents ease of use, an interactive interface, and much more as its basic features. It comes in handy for teams pertaining to virtually all industries. Teams all around the world find ProofHub useful because it helps them arrange, organize, prioritize tasks, manage dependencies and do everything project-related on one platform.
Advantages Of Using ProofHub:
- Centralize all project data under one roof and work together seamlessly.
- Communicate seamlessly using chat, discussions, and notes.
- A defined space for allocating tasks and setting deadlines.
- A place where you get to visualize and manage tasks, goals, and milestones on the go.
Why Users Opt Out Of ProofHub:
- It comes with a plethora of in-built features but not nearly enough integrations.
BetterCloud is a SaaS Operations Management platform that can handle pretty much everything when it comes to managing SaaS applications. It is a preferred choice by many big names such as Walmart, Square, and even Zoom.
Advantages Of Using BetterCloud:
- Onboarding and Offboarding tasks are automated very efficiently.
- More refined controls for bulk updating, user management, and related services in Google Workspace.
- Much better control and visibility for document sharing in many popular apps.
Why Users Opt Out Of BetterCloud:
- The workflows are designed in a complex fashion and need improvement.
- The search tool can be more optimized.
- DLP controls for Google have hosted a different website instead of being present on the central platform.
Productiv is an Enterprise SaaS management platform that has been popular with young business owners due to its efficiency, accessible setup environment, and variety of features. Their client profile includes Unity Technologies, Uber, Fox, and Ellie Mae, along with many other reputed names.
Advantages Of Using Productiv:
- The platform is data-driven, meaning it shows real-time insights and helps the user plan efficient strategies for their SaaS application.
- As mentioned on their website, you can set up the platform for your usage in under ten minutes and for free (initially).
Why Users Opt Out Of Productiv:
- The platform has various control methods, connectivity, security, Service Level Agreement (SLA), and more.
Zluri is a comprehensive SaaS management platform that deals with not one but the handling of multiple SaaS applications, all from one single dashboard. Moreover, the usage is quite simple to understand and you get better control as compared with other platforms in the niche. It is being used by Pulse, Vaave, KoinWorks, and Locus along with many others.
Advantages Of Using Zluri:
- The renewal alerts and the visibility of your SaaS stack are two of their unique and best features.
- They have quite a good customer support. The backend at Zluri makes sure to accommodate when customers need help and is very responsive to the address problems faced by their users.
- Zluri’s easy to deploy in comparison.
Why Users Opt Out Of Zluri:
- Zluri is quite reputed and has been a great fix for the solution that they provide. But they are short on API’s and if they add more of them that’ll be very efficient.
Zylo delivers a comprehensive SaaS platform that delivers the SaaS solution and helps optimize the same on a very minute level to gain benefits over cost, efficiency, and more. It is one of the most trusted and powerful SaaS platforms that help in resource utilization. The companies that use the platform include CleanSlate, Outreach, Asana, GSuite, and more.
Advantages Of Using Zylo:
- Zylo has effective license management.
- The platform can help effectively reduce redundant applications.
- Identify and reduce spends on SaaS applications to gain better cost management.
Why Users Opt Out Of Zylo:
- Zylo needs to work on bringing in more integration.
- They can improve upon their workflow and the overall usability from the point of view of a standard user.
Here’s something; a SaaS tool that does not come with a per-user fee — Oh, and it offers communication collaboration AND project management?
Yes. Try ProofHub for free.
Today, we’ve considered what SaaS management software solutions are and the benefits these could offer for your firm. Indeed, while every business is unique, SaaS management software solutions are widely among the most valuable options for businesses to consider.
Their benefits include excellent affordability thanks to the multi-tenancy model, real-time reporting, cloud-based online access, and regular updates, all of which keep the software relevant for your business and highly implementable. Moreover, with SaaS systems being billed in installments often, the cost of implementing these systems can be spread over some time.
As such, it’s highly likely that these SaaS systems could be a valuable option to implement into your firm.
Author Bio: Marya Kazakova is the Head of Outreach at SE Ranking. She likes sharing her experience in outreach marketing, link building, content marketing, and SEO with readers. You can contact her on LinkedIn.
Clap: so others can find it
Comment: If you have a question/suggestion you’d like to ask
Follow: ProofHub to read all the articles
If you liked reading this post, you are surely going to love this as well -
- 9 Tools to Help You Better Onboard Your Employees
- 7 Amazing Tips To Manage Web Development Projects Effectively
- 7 Tips To Lead And Coach Remote Project Management Teams
What is a SaaS management platforms? ›
What are SaaS Management Platforms? SaaS management platforms (SMPs) allow IT operations administrators to manage the day-to-day operations for Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite and other frequently used SaaS applications.What is the 3 benefits of SaaS? ›
Advantages of SaaS Technology
Accessibility: Ability to run via an internet browser 24/7 from any device. Operational Management: No installation, equipment updates or traditional licensing management. Cost Effective: No upfront hardware costs and flexible payment methods such as pay-as-you-go models.
|Platform Type||Common Examples|
|SaaS||Google Workspace, Dropbox, Salesforce, Cisco WebEx, Concur, GoToMeeting|
|PaaS||AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Windows Azure, Heroku, Force.com, Google App Engine, Apache Stratos, OpenShift|
The goal of SaaS Management is to reduce risk from unmanaged tools or technologies, improve the value of purchased software, and increase the effectiveness of users who deploy SaaS applications. Companies deploy SaaS management to: Contain costs of SaaS applications.What's the meaning of SaaS? ›
What is SaaS (Software as a Service)? Software as a service (SaaS) is a cloud-based software delivery model in which the cloud provider develops and maintains cloud application software, provides automatic software updates, and makes software available to its customers via the internet on a pay-as-you-go basis.